Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thank You, Obama

I was very lucky to run into President Obama himself. He was volunteering at an icecream store, so of course I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to meet him (fig. 1). My brother bought icecream first, making casual conversation with him. I was nervous.
"What kind of icecream would you like?" said Barack. 
"..c-can I have a sample of the mint chip?" I replied nervously, even though I already know what mint chip icecream tastes like. 
"I'm sorry, we can't let you sample that one because the proceeds don't go to charity." 
I noticed that certain flavors had symbols next to them. That's what that must mean. I panicked, so I picked a random flavor. It had the word "Jamaican" in it. It tasted like Tiramisu.

We left the shop, but I realized I had forgotten to thank him. I ran back, but Obama just finished up his shift and was cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment